Holy HOLY smokes.....I've been lazy in my life, but this is pathetic. I can't even recall the last Friday I posted the Weekly Web Collective. In fairness, it's not like there's been anything going on.....wifey back to work. Busy times here at Cities97. We're buying a house. OH and there's that little one who DEFINITELY keeps things chaotic.....in fact, I think I shall kick off the glorious return of the Weekly Web Collective with said little one.....
Elsie giggles are the best.......I snuck up on my 2 gorgeous ladies as they shared some giggle time. I'm not sure my wife would approve of this being posted, so I just didn't ask. :) Enjoy.....while you can!
Since the WWC has been off a couple weeks, I'm doing a Top 5 today, instead of a Top 3. In no particular order:
1. @TeganAndSara: "Sara was in the shower and thought she overheard that we won the Grammy. See her tell the whole story" here
2. @NME: "The Killers' want to put out a new record now" Already?! Their last just came late 2012!! Get the details.
3. @EricHutchinson: "#ThrowBackThursday instagr.am/p/WSNk8ukvSs/". This one is pretty straight forward. E-Hutch participated in ThrowBackThursday on Instagram and it's worth sharing.
4. @Again_Today: "Keep Your Heart Young - Brandi wants your video submissions". Brandi Carlile is looking for your submissions for her next video! Do it here!
5. @IAmCaseyAbrams: "I hit Lee Valsvik as well! instagr.am/p/WTKlapNvGv" Well....Casey WAS a friend of the station. Now that he's all violent towards one of our family members, maybe not so much. (Actually, no Lee Valsvik's were injured in this picture....I know cuz I took it!) :)
To refresh your memory, the Weekly Web Collective is really about awesome random web junk. Well, this is a perfect example.....this dude can juggle......
I think I out grew the band Korn a year or two after I was the age of the kid on the right.....NONE THE LESS.....this is both HILARIOUS and adorable. In fact, what am I thinking? Why would I put cuteness competition up against my daughter!? (See above) Oh well, there's room for mutliple cutenesseseses.
Quality Covers.....I love cover songs. WHEN done well. So, I end every Weekly Web Collective with a song I deem to be a quality cover. Given I'm an admitted Pearl Jam super freak AND with the rumors swirling that they are halfway done with a new album that, supposedly, "WILL be out this year".....I found it fitting to use this as this weeks quality cover. This is from 1994. The fella that joins Pearl Jam on stage is Steve Cropper who co-wrote "Dock Of The Bay" with Otis Redding and also played guitar on the track. As always, I think Pearl Jam knocks this one out of the park. Eddie can sing about anything......enjoy.....have a good weekend........